Friday 30 August 2013

Applepastie reviews: Dota 2


 Dota 2:

 Dota 2 is one of those games that consists of you, the game and a long afternoon that you have no problem wasting, as each match takes up to a hour and after the first 3 matches you look up at the clock only to realise that you have lost your life once again to a video game. This is what video games are made for and this is something Dota 2 does perfectly. by having long matches, a choice between 50 something characters that all do something different including spells and randomized stats blah blah blah who cares Jacob, get on with the review.

 The first problem I have encountered with this game is the characters themselves as there are 50 characters that some will be awful at and some will be incredible at. This means you can either go through the library to try and find a character that intrigues you or go into a game picking a character at random, this is also the wrong way to pick a character, this is also the way I did it. That is why I have played for 10 hours, 4 of them being, me playing matches with characters that I am awful at. The other six playing a character that I thought I was happy with but then I found that, like me, he sucks. Then I went to the library, the right way to find a character and found Sven. But no ones gives a crap about that.

  Besides the tedious character choosing and the fact that if you go into a match and the character you have chosen sucks you can't change it. This means if you are playing a bad character. Tough shit. But besides problems like this, I think that I should go over the boring yet necessary part. The developers and software, created by Valve it has the backing that it will have great replay value and certainly not suck. As most things that Valve pump out is usually good, and once again they have failed to disappoint with this.

By: Jacob "Applepastie" Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment